Skip to content
- Mountainside Software, Inc.© is a privately owned company, located in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
- Incorporated in 1984, we provided software design and consulting services to several northern Virginia firms. In 1987 we entered the medical industry through an association with a local emergency room’s billing department. Working closely with this initial customer, and soon after with several other local customers, we engineered what is now the Mountainside Practice Management System. Appointment Scheduling soon followed based on the needs described by our customers.
- In 1992, through a collaboration with one of our Allergist customers, we created the roots of our current Allergy Lab System.
- In 1993 we created the original version of our Electronic Medical Records application.
- In these early years, all of our applications were written for the ubiquitous “green screen” terminal. As PCs began to replace terminals in the mid-to-late 90s, a Terminal Emulator replaced an actual terminal.
- In 1996 we hired our first Visual Basic programmer. This began the eventual conversion of all Mountainside applications to the current Windows user experience.
- Throughout our history, Mountainside has worked closely with both new and existing customers to modify and enhance all of our applications to meet the needs of a wide variety of medical offices. We recognize that no two offices are exactly alike, and that each specialty has specific requirements. By employing a set of “how should Mountainside work for you” setup questions, each site may be uniquely configured to meet their specific needs. We believe that (within reason) software should conform to you, not you to the software.